If you’ve ever fancied making your popcorn in the machine, then no doubt you’ll be scratching your head as to what to put in them. Well, luckily for you, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best popcorn that you can use to put in your machine.
Popcorn machines are very quick and effective methods of rustling up large quantities of this delicious snack for you, your friends and your family.
These machines are simply built to heat popcorn until it is practically flowing out of the tube. They come with buckets and dispensers that are perfect for retrieving hot popcorn.
But you’ll have to make sure that you’re putting in the right type of popcorn into the chute, otherwise, you might get an end result that is overly chewy or even burnt. This will seriously ruin your movie night, especially if you like having a snack with your favorite horror film.
So which popcorn is the best to have for your popcorn machine? What are the best ingredients for popcorn machine popcorn to be made from?
How will the ingredients affect the texture and the final flavor of your popcorn? How much will you have to pay for one of these amazing popcorn?
Well, if you are asking yourselves these questions, then we would suggest that you keep reading.
We have compiled a list of some of the best popcorn for the popcorn machine that you can currently get on the market. We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to narrow down what type of popcorn that you’ll need.
Best Popcorns For Popcorn Machine
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This first popcorn manufacturer has been on the scene for years, cooking up some delicious soft and tender popcorn that you can be sure will deliver you plenty of crunch.
This is some of the most utilitarian popcorn, perfect for loading up into the popcorn machine and bombarding it with a lot of intense heat - introducing Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernels.
This popcorn comes in large quantities, so if you are struggling to get plenty of popcorn for yourself and your guests, then you can’t really go wrong with this brand.
These kernels are made with premium quality, so you can be sure that you’ll have a decent texture and flavor of popcorn at the end.
- This comes with a sealable lid that you can be sure will keep all of your popcorn nice and fresh for days, weeks and months ahead.
- This comes with a high popping rate, so you can be sure that you’ll have armfuls of smooth and buttery popcorn ready for your movie night.
- The great thing about this popcorn is the fact that you can add your own flavorings.
- This comes with a large container, so you can be sure that the trips to buy popcorn from the grocery shop will be few and far between.
- This brand is quite expensive, so if you are expecting to buy this stuff regularly, then we might point you towards a more recognizable brand.
This next batch of popcorn comes with kernels that produce fluffy and crisp popcorn, perfect if you are a fan of the traditional cinema style of popcorn.
This style of popcorn is certainly recommended for people who have large appetites and really like to provide themselves with as much buttered popcorn as possible - introducing Snappy White Popcorn.
This comes in a pretty hefty 4-pound container which will certainly last you for months to come. It produces popcorn that is very flavorsome and will be very easy to chew, so you won’t have to worry about it going stale over time.
You can store these kernels in a large tub that you can seal to preserve the freshness.
- This comes with a delicious taste and fluffy texture that will rival some of the more popular brands of popcorn on the market.
- This stuff can be prepared on stovetops and in air fryers, the sky's the limit when it comes to how you prepare your popcorn.
- You can use this popcorn to really mix things up, why not add some spices and herbs to this popcorn for an interesting and original taste?
- This is free from all GMO products, so you won’t have to worry about it affecting your digestion or causing you any stomach upset.
- These types of popcorn kernels are generally smaller than the ones you might find at the cinema, so if you want that authentic popcorn texture, we’d recommend another brand.
This next brand of popcorn comes with corn kernels that are very rich in oil and salted butter flavoring. If you want that solid and rich flavoring, then we would suggest this brand as it really makes your taste buds leap with delight.
This comes in 8-ounce packets, which will be the perfect amount for 1 person - introducing the Great Northern Popcorn Premium 8 Ounce Portion Packs.
This popcorn can be easily prepared, all you have to do is whack it in the microwave and wait for a few minutes and bingo, you have yourself some delicious popcorn.
This snack will be wonderful for your movie nights and will certainly reduce the amount of mess that you’ll make at the end of the night.
- This will eliminate all waste from your popcorn experience, you won’t have to worry about cleaning up after yourself with this popcorn.
- This popcorn can be made in whatever way you feel most comfortable, whether you are rustling it up in the fryer or putting it in your popcorn maker.
- This is one of the easiest popcorn packets to use, all you have to do is throw it in your microwave or stovetop and you’ll be able to produce a veritable popcorn feast.
- This popcorn is completely gluten-free, so you won’t have to worry about it troubling your gut if you eat a lot of it.
- When we made some of this popcorn ourselves, we found it to be a little too salty, so you might want to add some sweet to balance out the mix.
Next up, we have 6-pound popcorn that you can be sure will give you and your guests everything that they need for a full stomach during movie night.
This is the more natural style of popcorn, which is great if you are looking for that wholesome and nutty taste that you get with all these types of popcorn - introducing the Amish Country Popcorn.
This popcorn is renowned for its versatility, coming with 15 recipes that you can use to spice up the variety of flavors that they have on offer.
This is perfect if you want to expand your popcorn horizons. It comes naturally free of gluten and dairy, which is perfect for anyone who has digestive sensitivities.
- This is made from non-GMO corn, which means that you won’t have to be worried about any artificial elements playing havoc with your belly.
- This comes with a free recipe book, which is great for anyone who thinks of themselves as an amateur chef and wants to pep up their popcorn game.
- This popcorn will be very fluffy and textured, which is very important if taste and flavor are of the utmost importance to you.
- This is one of the best brands of popcorn for people with food allergies, it will not only keep your stomach healthy, but it will not react badly with your gut microbiome.
- These kernels are very small, which might not appeal to anyone who is a fan of traditional cinema popcorn.
This next batch of popcorn is very healthy, coming in a heavy bag that will produce white kernels that are very tasty. You can get upwards of 6 bags with this brand of popcorn, which is great if you are buying for yourself and your family.
This is one of the best popcorn to buy in bulk - introducing Arrowhead Mills 24 Bag of Organic Kernels.
This popcorn is a great source of fiber for people and comes with plenty of protein too, which makes it one of the healthiest popcorn that we have on this list.
You can even freeze these popcorn kernels in the fridge to keep them for a later date. This will result in fewer popcorn shards, so you won’t have to worry about hurting your teeth.
- This is made by a reputable company that is known for producing high-quality goods, which means that you won’t have to worry about getting sick from eating too much of this.
- The quality and texture of this popcorn are very light and fresh, which is ideal if you are a fan of that traditional cinema popcorn flavor.
- You can even store these popcorn shards in the fridge to keep them fresh for a few days afterward.
- This meets the FDA standards and regulations for good quality. This means you have popcorn that is certifiably delicious and healthy for you to eat.
- Because of the organic elements in this popcorn, you can be sure that you’ll be paying a pretty price for this brand of popcorn.
Finally, we have a popcorn brand that specializes in whole grains, which will really fill you up if you consume enough of them. This will take the form of fluffy popcorn that you can be sure will give you a creamy and light texture.
If you prefer popcorn without the flavor, then you can also be sure that this is the brand for you - introducing Bob’s Red Mill Whole White Popcorn.
This popcorn really performs well when you put it in the popcorn fryer, producing a lot of popcorn very quickly and easily.
When we tried it, we found that the whole meal was ready in just under two minutes. You can be sure that you’ll have enough popcorn for you and the entire family with this particular brand.
- This will produce quite a lot of kernels, leaving very few unpopped at the end of your session. If you prefer cooking in a frying pan, then this will be the best brand.
- This stuff is a lot like other popular brands such as Orville Redenbacher, so you have a point of comparison.
- This popcorn is completely gluten-free, which is perfect if you are suffering from any intolerances that affect your skin or diet.
- This popcorn is extremely fluffy and will give you everything that you need for a great after-dinner snack. It is also very light on calories.
- This popcorn is not the organic variety, so if you are looking for something that is a bit healthier, then we would recommend that you find another brand.
Best Popcorns For Popcorn Machine Buying Guide
When it comes to making popcorn in the machine, there are going to be certain ingredients and features that you’ll be looking for with your popcorn kernels.
Making sure they can withstand the intense heat of the machine as well as the size and shape of the final popcorn will be crucial. Here are a few things you’ll be looking for:
How Healthy Is Your Popcorn Brand?
The calorie count is very important for some people, so you’ll have to be sure that you have everything that you need to keep your waistline slim.
If you do have a popcorn habit that exceeds once a week, then we would certainly recommend that you go for the organic stuff, as it will be a lot healthier for you.
With organic popcorn, you can be sure that there’ll be a lot of taste and texture differences to what you might experience with artificial popcorn. You’ll notice that natural popcorn has a nutty texture that is not really present with cinema-style popcorn.
How Much Popcorn Does It Give You?
The final amount of popcorn will be crucial if you are looking to provide lots of it for you and your family members.
We would certainly recommend that you have at least 6-ounces of popcorn per batch. However, you can get sachets that will give you around 8-ounces of popcorn per person.
Buying a larger jar of popcorn will be ideal if you are hosting a party or you have a large group of friends coming over to watch the ball game.
Remember: your final amount of popcorn will appear much larger than the number of kernels that you put inside, as they will expand to twice the size.
How Organic Is The Popcorn?
Organic popcorn does come with a different flavor than artificial stuff, as it does not contain any additional butter, salt or artificial sweetener.
How Convenient Is It To Use?
Ideally, this type of popcorn should just involve you pouring your kernels into the machine and letting the heater do most of the work. Once the popcorn is done, then it should pop down into a dispenser for you to take with a scoop or simply by hand.
We would suggest that you get some single-serving containers for your fresh popcorn, as this will make it much easier for your guests to transport it around the party.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Organic Popcorn Healthier?
Yes, this stuff is naturally more healthy as it doesn’t contain any unnatural ingredients such as added salts or sugars. We would certainly recommend switching out your regular popcorn for some natural stuff, although you might notice that there is a substantial change in flavor.
If you want to add a touch of salt or sweetener to your popcorn, then you can.
Is Organic Popcorn Good For Allergies?
Generally, organic popcorn is much better for anyone suffering from allergies, as most of them contain far fewer GMO ingredients, which will often harm the delicate balance in your stomach. The absence of gluten and dairy will also be very handy for vegans and people who are coeliac.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best popcorn for your popcorn machine has really helped give you a better idea of what to put in your popcorn machine.
Remember to always test out your popcorn machine before putting too many kernels in at once, otherwise, this might result in burning and inedible popcorn at the end of your cooking session.