If you’re a fan of movie night, then you won’t go far wrong with your own popcorn made fresh from the popcorn machine. These devices come in a wide variety of styles, blending in perfectly with the decor of your home. You can have this machine dispense plenty of popcorn to a tray, giving you plenty per serving.
This can also cook a vast amount of popcorn, you can pick up a kilo of raw popcorn kernels and have them popping within just a few minutes. If you have friends over regularly and you want to pump out tons of popcorn quickly and with a decent level of quality, then you can’t go wrong with one of these machines.
Whether it is sweet or salty popcorn, you can be sure that you’ll have plenty of cooking power to get your food warmed to within a degree of its life. This will give you plenty of golden brown kernels without burning any of the rest. They also have features that allow you to program the right cooking time.
So where can you pick up a great popcorn popper? What materials go into making a great popcorn popper? What is the best design for popping your popcorn? How much will you be looking to spend on one of these units?
If you are wanting the answer to these popcorn-related questions and a whole lot more, then we would suggest that you keep reading. We have compiled a list of some of the best popcorn poppers for your needs, covering the features and benefits as well as the potential design flaws of some of these devices.
Best Popcorn Poppers
OUR TOP PICK
This first popcorn machine comes with enough capacity to produce plenty of fresh popcorn for you and a large number of guests.
This comes with a chute that will dispense your popcorn from the front, using hot air rather than oil for a healthier end result - introducing the Nostalgia RHP310 8-Cup Healthy Retro Classic Hot Air Popcorn Maker.
This comes with no more than 30 grams of popcorn kernels at any one time, if you try and load it up with too many, then you might be looking at a few burnt corn grinds at the bottom of your popper. This is a very thorough machine, you can be certain that you’ll have plenty of heat to cook your popcorn.
- If you want that authentic cinema experience, then you can’t really go wrong with this popcorn popper. This comes with a stylish chute and color scheme.
- You won’t have to worry about this one blending in with the design of most kitchens, with a stylish red and white pattern.
- When we tested this machine, it really blitzed through quite a sizable bag of popcorn in only a few minutes. This is perfect if you are in a hurry for a snack.
- This comes with a very snazzy chute dispenser that will shoot out your popcorn in some very handy edible chunks.
- This machine can struggle to handle cooking large volumes of kernels, so make sure you put them in smaller batches at a time.
This machine is one of the pricier ones on the market, with enough space and heating to cook through plenty of kernels in very little time at all.
If you want a whole bag of popcorn for you and a large group of friends, then we would certainly suggest that you pick up a popcorn popper of this caliber - introducing the West Bend 82515B.
This next popcorn maker is one that you can be sure will have everything that you need for that authentic cinema experience.
If you are looking for a solid machine that will be able to resist the intense heat of the popcorn engine, then you can be sure this one will really do the job you set for it.
- This comes with a cool bucket that you can use to scoop up the popcorn in the style of a real cinema usher.
- You can blitz through a bag of popcorn very easily with this unit. When we put our kernels through the wringer, then the popcorn came out nice and soft at the end.
- This is perfect for enhancing your movie nights if you have plenty of friends that you want to wow with this snazzy popcorn machine.
- This is an oil-based machine, so if you want that authentic cinema experience, then we would recommend using this machine.
- The price - this is one of the most expensive units that you can get for making popcorn, so you’ll really have to be committed to the experience of making popcorn.
Next up, we have another bucket-style machine that you might recognize as a scaled-down version of the type that you would find at your local cinema.
This popcorn popper is very easy to use, all you have to do is juice it up, add some oil and the cooker will do the rest for you - introducing the Cuisinart CPM-28 Classic-style Popcorn Maker.
This popcorn maker is one of the best when it comes to preparing a large amount of popcorn, which is great if you have a load of friends over to watch the game or chill out with a movie. You can leave the popcorn maker running while your friends help themselves to some delicious popcorn treats.
- This popcorn maker is probably one of the most versatile, so you can be sure of having everything that you need for a decent snack.
- This comes in a space-saving design, so you can simply have it mounted on your counter, with you and your friends taking handfuls when you need to.
- This will be the perfect vendor to have for you and your friends. This comes with plenty of popcorn, perfect for large gatherings.
- The construction of this popcorn popper is perfect, with a solid metal frame that you can be sure will withstand significant heat and impacts.
- This might be a little too expensive for anyone who is just planning on having the occasional casual popcorn night.
This next popcorn maker is something that is very simple, coming with a simple plastic container that you can use to warm up your popcorn. This popcorn maker will help you rustle up some healthy and delicious fluffy popcorn in next to no time at all.
All you need to do is toss in your kernels and get them cooking in the microwave - introducing the Collapsible Silicone Microwave Hot Air Popcorn Popper Bowl.
You can collapse this popcorn hopper very easily, making it ideal for storing in your backpack if you want to bring it to a friend’s house.
This is made from pretty inexpensive material, so you actually won’t have to pay that much for it. This will be perfect for anyone who does not want to spend the best part of $100 on a popper.
- This is easy to store, giving you everything that you need for a decent popcorn maker that you take with you camping or to your friend’s house.
- This is the healthy way of making popcorn, you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a nice and healthy dish of popcorn.
- This is made from very safe PVC material, which will not burn or melt when you put it in the microwave.
- This will cook the kernels thoroughly without burning them. This degree of safety will be very helpful if you are allowing your children to make this popcorn.
- You still need to have a microwave to cook these kernels, so the product is slightly misleading. However, it is the cheapest and fastest popper on this list.
Finally, we have something for people who fancy cooking popcorn the old-fashioned method.
This tough and durable aluminum pot will have everything that you need to make plenty of popcorn, giving you everything that you need for a decent snack at your next sports game - introducing Franklin’s Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Machine Popper.
This pot comes with durable wooden handles that will not conduct the heat from the pot, allowing you to handle the pot without burning your hand.
You’ll need to make sure that you have plenty of resilience from your pot so that it can withstand some of the crazy heat you’ll be getting off your stove.
- This comes with all-metal gears that will allow you to crank your popcorn out at a rate of knots. This is perfect for large groups of people who want plenty of snacks during the game.
- This is great for producing large amounts of popcorn, which is again great if you are entertaining large groups of people.
- All you need to do is add your kernels to this bowl and then turn the handle. This way you can be sure of having plenty of popcorn for your needs.
- This pot is one of the sturdiest that you can get for your money. If you want to make popcorn as they did in the old days, then this is the perfect pot to have.
- This might be a little tricky to use for anyone who is unused to making popcorn that hasn’t come straight out of the bag.
This final popper is one that makes plenty of popcorn very easily. It is probably one of the easiest popcorn makers currently on the market.
This popcorn maker is multifunctional, allowing you to melt the butter on the top of your popcorn, which is ideal for anyone who is looking for that sweet flavor immediately - introducing the Dash Hot Air Popcorn Popper Maker.
This is one of the most compact poppers currently on the market. It comes with a space-saving design that will allow you plenty of room for your other snacks if you are preparing a large spread in a small kitchen. This is a very stylish unit, making it something that will blend into most homes.
- This comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s guarantee, so if you are worried about it breaking, then you can always return it immediately.
- This only uses hot air and no oil, so if you love your popcorn but are trying to avoid the calories that come with it, then you should get this unit.
- This is quick and easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about taking ages to get the popcorn grilled. This is a great unit for impromptu popcorn making.
- This is ideal for anyone who is cooking popcorn for the first time, coming in a sleek and stylish unit that is very affordable.
- Again, this might be a little heavy-duty for anyone who is just looking for that casual popcorn session once every few months.
Best Popcorn Poppers Buying Guide
If you are looking for a decent popcorn maker, then there’ll be a few characteristics that you’ll be looking for with each one. You should always make sure that you are able to produce enough popcorn, as well as having healthy aspects and a wide range of functions.
Here are a few things you’ll be looking for with your next popcorn popper:
How Easy Is It To Use?
Functionality is very important with a popper, as it isn’t just about steaming the kernels until they pop. Often you can overcook your kernels, the result being blackened and charred popcorn. This will be more or less inedible and you’ll have to throw out the whole batch of popcorn (because who wants to sift out each black kernel?)
How Compact Is It?
Having one to store in your kitchen will be very important, especially if you have a small apartment. Some of these have vertical designs, so you’ll be able to stand them up without taking up that much surface area.
How Many Features Does It Have?
As you might have already seen, some of the pots have plenty of functions that will enable you to cook your popcorn to the temperature that you want. Obviously, popcorn will only roast to a certain temperature, but how long you cook them after they have popped is up to you.
Having as much control over your poppers will be very important, especially if you like your popcorn cooked a certain way. You can also have poppers that will allow you to melt the butter over your popcorn as it is cooking.
Does It Have Health Benefits?
Having a popcorn maker that will keep the calories low is very important if you are watching your weight. Thankfully, a lot of these units use hot air rather than slathering your popcorn in palm oil to get them to cook. You can also buy popcorn that does not contain any palm oil, which will give you that double health kick.
If you are looking for a decent popcorn maker that will keep your health in check, then make sure it says in the manufacturer’s description how little oil that it will use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should A Popcorn Maker Last?
If you are going to buy a heavy-duty static popcorn maker, then you should expect it to last you a few years at the very least. However, these machines are regularly subjected to large amounts of intense heat, so you should expect your popcorn popper to degrade naturally, even if you take care of it.
What Types Of Popcorn Makers Are There?
You can get a few different varieties of popcorn poppers, although most of them won’t really offer you anything different in terms of the actual quality of your popcorn. Some poppers air dry the kernels until they explode, whereas others do it using the traditional convention method.
The microwave corn poppers come with lids that you can use to heat the kernels in a glass container, which will allow for a smoother transition between kernel and popcorn. The stovetop models also use far less oil, so they result in a much healthier end result.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best popcorn poppers on the market has helped you to decide what type you’ll need for your home. Just remember that you’ll need to have one that will provide you with enough heat to pop your kernels without burning the whole batch.
- How To Make Keto Popcorn - March 25, 2022
- How To Make Oreo Popcorn - March 25, 2022
- How To Make Butter Popcorn - March 25, 2022