- Can Popcorn Cause Constipation? - March 13, 2023
- How to Make Butter Toffee Popcorn - February 22, 2023
- How to Make Skittles Popcorn - February 22, 2023
How would you like to decorate your home or office with a festive look? Popcorn garlands are great for holiday parties, family gatherings, and even Halloween. They’re also fun DIY projects that require minimal effort.
Popcorn garlands are a simple way to add some color and texture to your space. All you need is a bag of microwave popcorn, string, and a hot glue gun.
You can create your own popcorn garland using a variety of colors and patterns. The possibilities are endless. Here’s how to make one.
Cranberry And Popcorn Garland
This cranberry and popcorn garland features red and white strands of popcorn. It looks so pretty hanging on the wall!
-Dried or fake cranberries
-Hot glue gun
1. Take a piece of string and tie it around the center of a bowl. This will be your popcorn holder.
2. Place your cranberries popcorn in the bowl.
3. Glue each piece of popcorn onto the string.
4. Continue gluing until as much of the string has been covered that you want.
5. Tie a bow at the top of the popcorn garland.
6. Use scissors to cut off any excess string.
7. Hang up your garland by attaching it to a hook or nail.
8. You’re done!
Halloween Popcorn Garland
This spooky popcorn garland is perfect for Halloween decorations. It features orange and black strands of popcorn.
-Black and orange decorative ribbon
-Hot glue gun
1. Take a piece of string and wrap it around the center of your bowl. This will be where you place your popcorn..
2. Glue the string onto the popcorn. Continue gluing popcorn onto the string, leaving gaps between each piece.
3. Tie a bow in between the pieces of popcorn from the black and orange ribbon.
5. Tie two knots at the end of the garland so that you can hang it up from two pins.
6. Enjoy your Halloween garland!
Kids Popcorn Garland
This kids popcorn garland is colorful and cute. It features green, yellow, and blue strand ribbons.
-Green, yellow, and blue decorative ribbons
Follow the directions above for making a Halloween popcorn garland. However, instead of using black and orange ribbons between the pieces of popcorn, use different colored ribbons for this project.
For example, if you wanted to make a pink and purple popcorn garland, you could use pink and purple ribbons.
Make sure to use enough ribbons to cover all of the gaps on your popcorn garland.
When finished, cut off any extra ribbons.
Hang up your garland by tying it to a hook or a nail.
Paper Plate Popcorn Garland
This paper plate garland is easy to make and requires no special tools. Just follow these steps below.
• A set of paper plates
• Hot glue gun
1. Start by making a hole in each of the paper plates that you’re putting on your garland.
2. Decorate your paper plates! Have kids join in with sticking popcorn pieces to the plates and drawing around them.
3. Once finished, thread the string through the paper plates.
4. Hang your garland up in a place of pride!
DIY Paper Flower Popcorn Garland
This DIY paper flower popcorn garland is simple to make and fun to decorate. Kids love making their own garlands like this one. They are great for parties and holidays.
– Decorative ribbon
– Hot glue gun
1. Start by cutting out paper flowers in all shapes and sizes.
To make the paper flowers, start by folding a piece of paper in half lengthwise. Then fold it again into thirds. Cut along the crease line to create four triangles.
Fold another triangle in half. Fold it back into thirds. Cut along its creases to form a petal shape. Repeat this process until you have as many petals as you want.
Next, take some hot glue and attach the petals together. Paint and decorate these how you like.
2. Glue the paper flowers and pieces of popcorn onto your string.
3. Tie little bows with the decorative ribbon in any gaps on your garland.
4. Tie the ends of the string and hang up with hooks.
A Few Tips About Making Popcorn Garlands
• If you have trouble getting the string to stick to the popcorn, try using hot glue.
• When cutting the strings, make sure they’re long enough to reach from one hook to the other where you want to hang them.
• Don’t worry too much about having an even distribution of popcorn. Uneven gaps make the garland look more homemade!
• Be patient when working with hot glue. Wait until the glue cools down before trying to test its adhesiveness.
• For best results, let the garland sit overnight before hanging it up.
• You can also add glitter to your popcorn garland. Use a glue gun to apply the glitter to the popcorn. Let dry completely before adding more decorations.
• You can also decorate other types of containers such as bowls, jars, vases, and baskets with your popcorn garlands.
• Use whatever decorations you would like to decorate the garland. Use as little or as many decorations as you like to create the perfect look for your home.
– Without sealing your popcorn, the garland will be good for around three days. To ensure that it lasts throughout the holidays, spray it with a sealant and allow it to dry completely before hanging it in your home.
• The possibilities are endless!
Popcorn garland is fun for both kids and adults. It’s easy to make and can be used to decorate any type of tree, container, or simply a bare wall in your home. You can add any decorations that you want to your garland.
Just make sure to seal the popcorn to avoid it going bad before the holidays are over. Try this DIY project today!