- Can Popcorn Cause Constipation? - March 13, 2023
- How to Make Butter Toffee Popcorn - February 22, 2023
- How to Make Skittles Popcorn - February 22, 2023
Popcorn is a snack food that has become very popular over the years, with the popularity of popcorn increasing due to its affordability and convenience.
These days, there are several ways that you can make popcorn, which include popping it in the microwave or on the stove!
Today, we will show you how to use a stovetop to produce a delicious batch of popcorn. One that can be flavored with jello for a distinctive taste.
What Is Strawberry Popcorn?
Strawberry popcorn is a delicious treat for any occasion, as it packs all the flavor of homemade strawberry ice cream into a single bowl of kernels.
It is also a nutritious alternative to other snacks, as strawberries contain vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Strawberries are also low in calories but high in vitamins A and B6.
The recipe below uses strawberry jello to infuse the corn with its iconic taste. However, you can use any jello you want to produce a sweet and fruity bowl of popcorn. We just prefer using strawberry because it’s our favorite.
In the following sections, we will teach you how to make your own strawberry popcorn from scratch. While also explaining the ingredients and supplies you will need.
So If you want to make a delicious batch of popcorn, this article has everything you need to get started.
The History Of Popcorn
Popcorn is a snack food made by popping corn kernels in hot oil or butter until they explode. The snack was first introduced as an American invention, although the practice of popping corn first began in Ancient Peru.
Today, popcorn is enjoyed all over the world, with many people eating popcorn with their favorite films. Some will even serve their popcorn with extra toppings, such as chocolate, peanuts, butter, and cheese.
Strawberry popcorn is popcorn that has been flavored with strawberries, whether that’s with strawberry essence or real fresh fruit. You can also add other fruits like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and bananas.
However, it is also possible to add white chocolate and other delicious extras. If you want to try something different, then go ahead and experiment with these flavors!
Now that you understand more about strawberry popcorn, let’s take a look at how you can make your own from scratch.
How To Make Strawberry Popcorn
Making strawberry popcorn is much easier than it sounds. Although there are certain elements that need to be considered first.
Unlike other strawberry popcorn recipes, our method uses jello to infuse the kernels with its distinctive flavor. Jello is a gelatin dessert product that comes in many varieties. Some of which include: strawberry, orange, lemon, raspberry, lime, grapefruit, and cherry.
These kinds of jello have a consistency similar to pudding. But when they are heated on the stove, they can be used to make a sauce for coating your popcorn.
Now let’s take a more detailed look at the ingredients you will need to make your own homemade strawberry popcorn:
As we previously mentioned, this recipe uses jello to flavor the popcorn. When making this popcorn, you should always consider the type of jello you use.
For example, if you want to use sugar-free jello this could impact the taste of the final batch.
That is why we recommend using regular jello to make the popcorn, as it tastes better and can be paired with some delicious extras.
When making your own strawberry popcorn, it is advisable to use plain popcorn kernels. These are the ones without added salt.
Plain kernels are recommended as the salt could impact the taste of the finished popcorn. It can also affect the consistency of the jello and leave you with a crunchy texture instead of a smooth coating.
If you want to make your strawberry popcorn even more exciting, then you can add a range of delicious extras such as chocolate and Oreo cookies.
In the section below, we have compiled a list of these extras and their suggested amounts. You may choose to add one or all of them depending on what you like best.
It’s no secret that strawberry and white chocolate work well together. So why not spruce up your popcorn by adding some white chocolate chips to the mix?
You can either melt the chocolate and add it at the end or sprinkle the chips over the finished batch. Either way, we promise this is one flavor combination you will want to try.
If you want your popcorn to taste like a strawberry shortcake, then you can add some golden Oreos to the mix. To do this, simply place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they resemble crumbs. Then transfer the crumbly mixture to a bowl and add them to the popcorn before baking.
Now that you have a better understanding of how to make the popcorn, let’s take a look at the actual recipe and everything you will need to get started.
Strawberry Popcorn Recipe
Let’s take a look a delicious popcorn recipe for you to have a go at home:
- Popcorn kernels (1/2 cup)
- Vegetable oil (3 tablespoons)
- Corn syrup (1 tablespoon)
- Water (1/8 cup)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Strawberry jello (1 small box)
- Place a saucepan on medium-high heat and then add the vegetable oil. When the oil starts to heat up, add some kernels to see if they pop.
- Once the oil is hot enough, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the remaining kernels.
- Cover the saucepan with foil and use a knife to poke holes into the surface, this will allow the steam to escape while the kernels pop.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and continue to cook the corn while shaking the pan back and forth.
- When the popping starts to slow down, remove the pan from the heat and uncover the foil. Transfer the finished popcorn to a large bowl.
- Remove any unpopped kernels and allow the popcorn to cool while making the strawberry sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and combine the jello, water, corn syrup, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir until the ingredients have dissolved.
- When the mixture is ready, pour it over the finished popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon to ensure an even coat.
- Transfer the strawberry popcorn to the lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the popcorn to cool before transferring to a large bowl.
- Sit back and enjoy your snack!
So there you have it, our easy-to-follow instructions for how to make strawberry popcorn. We hope you found this article helpful and informative.
If you would like to learn more about other types of snacks, please check out our website.